CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To Hell With It

So I have reached the point finally (with a little coaching from Ava) that I decided that I am going to take a break from dating and boys in general for awhile. I am going to just worry about Inga until at least the end of this summer. I have had enough drama in my personal and professional life in the last 12 months that I feel justified in just saying "fuck it". And boys are a major area that A) stresses me out and B) I can just ignore for awhile.

So just for the sake of me whining, I am going to recap on all of my shitty guy situations from the past 12 months. Ehh hem:

  1. We will call this one "Jewish Doctor". I met Jewish doctor online a few months after I moved to the "big city". We chatted for a long time online before we finally went on our first date. Sure he was a little nerdy and awkward but he was a nice guy and we had an Ok time. We had a lot in common so I tried to work through his total social awkwardness, and the fact that he drug his feet like he was wearing lead shoes. But then I ended up getting dumped, very suddenly, because he decided that after he lost 100 or so pounds and had recently became a doctor he could do better than me. Great.
  2. I met a guy online that I chatted with for awhile and he seemed like he was pretty nice. Thankfully before I agreed to meet him I googled his ass and found out that he had just gotten out of 8 years in prison, for: Drugs, racketeering, and accessory to murder. NEXT!
  3. A lonely guy that had just moved to my hometown from Ohio that I met at church. After he found me on match.com he e-mailed me a few times and then he called me. Apparently after a 10 minute phone convo (I promise I was on my BEST behavior) he decided that he would rather just sit at home and stay lonely than spend anytime with me. That's a real confidence booster.
  4. Tattoo boy...enough said he got his own blog
  5. Perfect Date guy. Even after my long blog and realization that he wasn't into me, I still engaged in random texting (I know I am that stupid and lonely). But now after several weeks and 2 dates, I really am DONE with that shit.

So yeah. The crappy boys and the unfortunate job situation. My baby sister working on her second marriage and me still single. I say that I need some "Inga Time", so I say to hell with it I am just going to do my own thing for awhile.

1 comments:

Annabelle Tinley said...

well it sounds like a good plan to me. Besides none of those guys should of ever made it to date two...but I'm picky.verap