CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas as You Get Older

So I have noticed gradually over the years that the older you get Christmas just gets a little bit more boring. You have those really young "hooray I got a barbie" years. Then you get older and its CD's and DVD's; and other such electronic goodies.

But then this magical thing happens after you turn 18, and it keeps getting worse as you get older. Suddenly you find yourself asking for housewares and gift cards to Wal-Mart, to buy more stuff for the home. I went from getting a new Walkman (yes I am that old) to getting a microwave, and pots & pans. One year I was just giddy over Teflon coated air bake pans and new sheets for my bed.

So this year, I got a new coffee maker, a george forman grill ( with removable plates) and a new feather bed!! My younger cousin's keep asking me why I want and get such "boring" stuff for Christmas, and I keep telling them "wait and see".

0 comments: