CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Date That Wasn't

So after talking with my friend Ava and hearing about her adventures in Internet dating I decided to go ahead and give Match.com a try. Well about a week into my little foray into Internet dating I agreed to meet a guy from town that I met on the site. In talking to him before we went out he seemed to be a normal guy, so I agreed to go and meet him at a restaurant.

Well not a minute after I arrived he pointed out that my hair isn't as red as it was in my profile pictures and he has a thing for red heads. Strike one. Then after some conversation about random first meeting crap, movies, music yada yada. I made mention of my tonsil surgery (no gory details) and then I said "oops I guess this isn't first date conversation" to which he immediately replied "this isn't a date" Strike two. So after about 20 minutes of watching him constantly checking the time on his cell phone I said it was probably time to go. He couldn't have ran out of that place faster. Walking into the parking lot he was about 1o paces ahead of me, but he did manage to throw a half hearted "see you later" with out even looking back.

Now, I can't say this is the worst date I have been on ever, since, as he so gracefully pointed out, it wasn't a date. Boys. Seriously.

0 comments: