CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just "say no" to tangelo

So as I have mentioned before in my blog my little sister has recently become engaged. Which is quite bittersweet for me. Being that she is 22 and getting married, and I am 25 and don't have a boyfriend, or hell any prospects. It puts me in a position where I am happy for her, but naturally a little jealous.

Today her fiancee went out and bought her a very nice engagement ring. To which my exact response was "That's very nice...bitch" So I had dinner with my family, and they were all "oohing" and "ahhing" and her engagement ring. And here I sit at the other end of the table, trying to recruit my cousin's into helping me move back to town...to my parents house...you know because I don't have a job. Then I heard her say no less than five times to my mother "Did you ever think one of your daughters would get a ring that's this nice" . I will just let you imagine what expletives were running through my head when I heard her say that for the third time much less the fifth. I guess you could say that its kinda hard for me to feel just super happy for them when it would appear that my life is going down the shitter.

So they decided that the wedding colors are going to be Tangelo (bright orange) and black. Now she decided on black dresses for the bridesmaids finally after lots of bitching and moaning by yours truly. But the guys will have orange tuxedo vests and ties. She will have a white dress with orange accents, and they will both be wearing special white and orange sneakers for the big event. Then the got the lovely idea that maybe they should get married on Halloween next year, you know just to make it extra special tacky. So I suggested that they just have the flower girl come down the isle in a little pumpkin costume. She didn't think it was as funny as I did. But hey, I am just not feeling the tangelo.

1 comments:

Annabelle Tinley said...

sounds classy...i mean Klassy